Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Headpiece for client in USA






I covered the headband with satin and then two layers of the same tulle as the flowers are backed with, tricky but a better more finished option than just satin. Also lined the headband to cover the stitches from covering the band, again adds a more finished look to the end product.
Flowers were backed with hand gathered tulle - I always hand gather fabrics as I never think to do the gathering on the machine. I just automatically gather by hand as then I am happier with the end result - I have never had anything good come from machine gathering usually my thread breaks and you have to start all over again anyway so may as well have started by hand !





I ended up adding the comb inside mainly for stability - this type of headpiece can be tricky to wear and the client will need all the help she can get to keep this beauty in place. Now she will be able to do a cartwheel in it if she feels the need and it will stay in place !




For a charity event this was a pleasure to make and for such a wonderful customer in the US. I have attempted to take as many shots as possible so you can see the gradual build up to the finished product - now all finished and it is with my customer in the States. The hardest part was finding the exact same large real look Roses. As you can see I have added the photo from the client - this is what she wanted and it was up to me to make it. The headpiece is for a 'venetian' event and the headpiece will be worn with a mask to complete the 'Venice Festival' theme.

2 comments:

Ann Ferguson said...

Tis headpiece is gorgeous, Julie.
Ann.

Cristina - madhatter wannabe said...

The finished piece is gorgeous and I admire fervently the time you take to finish your hats to "couture" standars.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails