Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Finished Hat



Finished the black hat with contrast stitching , have added faux patent headband and finished the brim with some velvet. This is the first time I have used the new stretch velvet to edge a brim and I think that although it is way easier to get a good edge the colour is not quite black enough to my liking although no one else would notice but to my eye it is just not black/black. Added a lining that matched the stitching which is a nice touch and unexpected. Note the double brim so that I only have the detail stitching on the top, just another detail which is probably lost on many (but not me) !

2 comments:

Cristina de Prada - milliner said...

Beautiful hat and wonderfully detailed craftmanship. I'm sure whoever buys it will appreciate it.
Thank you fir showing us!

Julie Fleming Melbourne said...

this was for a private client so yes gone to an appreciative owner, JF

Related Posts with Thumbnails